Counselling is a personal journey taken by an individual with the guidance of a trained and skilled professional. Issues and areas of vulnerability are discussed in a non-judgemental environment of safety and acceptance, with the aim of promoting healing, reconciliation and better ways to approach life.
Areas commonly addressed in counselling involve:
- Emotional issues associated with abuse, anger, anxiety, depression, grief, self-esteem and stress to name a few
- Disability and its effect upon the individual, their family and carers
- Addiction; including gambling, alcohol and drugs
- Mediation & Supervision
- marital and divorce issues
- children, youth and blended families
- Disabilities, disorders and illness, including
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- eating disorders
- Autism Spectrum disorders
- physical and mental disability
Counselling is both a preventative and curative therapy, providing the opportunity for individuals to objectively explore insights that facilitate a change in the way they view both themselves and the world around them. The ultimate objective of counselling with Karinya is to achieve healing and reconciliation.
You don’t need a referral to make an appointment with Karinya for counselling or group work. Simply contact the centre that is most convenient to you, and an appointment can be made.
Our Psychologist is able to obtain rebates from the Medicare System as well as most Private Health Insurance funds.
Some of our counsellors are registered for rebates from some Private Health Insurance funds if you hold ‘extras’ or the appropriate level of cover.
Relationship counselling and Pre marriage counselling attract the 2 free counselling sessions funded by the Stronger Relationship trial offered by the government.
Referring Karinya to Others
If you believe in what Karinya is doing or share our vision, please share this website with a friend.